Monday, May 12, 2008

Bike Riding to work

Last weekend I went back to my home with my faithful trusted car that always carry me around wherever I wish to go. Usually I would back to PG with it as well but this time I revert back to the high school time that I come back to PG with a bike.

For people at my age and those younger groups would think that "Bike!? So dangerous and not cover. Is like riding on a metal naked beast when on the road." That I believe is what most people think about bike now speacially after the Malaysia infamous motorcycle stunt group called the "MatRempit".

Despite all this still I never abandon the joy of riding. I mean yes with expose to the sun, dust and debris bring up from the truck and buses, no protection around the body and the only place that bikers has are the helmet still what I enjoy the most of bike riding is the breeze when riding. It is different from the AC of a car, for me I feel is more natural. Of cause what I am saying here is smart riding that not asking you to follow behind an "octopus" busses, trucks and others.

This morning I had my ride to work and normally with my car I take about 15 - 20 minutes to reach despite all the traffic light. Dont ask me why I did not include the traffic jam and that is because I come to work very early. I am very very proud of that.... Back to the bike thing, I just took 5 minute and reach office. How nice that was.

Anyway I feel free with Bikes speacially on the heavy car traffic around PG. Free like a bird that I can go around places easily. I use to be once I at home I wont come out from home at PG but now I think I can relaxingly go home then come out for dinner or something. I can roam to downtown and stop by any hawker food centre without wasting time in looking for parking spaces for car now.

Of cause I do worry about several things with bikes. Weather will be the major problem I would say. I dont mind to get wet as I kind of miss that feeling that get wet in the rain but I more worry about if my laptop will get wet and spoil. That is one thing I dont like. Second of all I had to be in the lab sometimes and due to company rules that handphone with camera are not allowed to be in the lab. I usually put them in my car but now I take bike I dont have places to keep my phone.

Anyway I believe I will still enjoy the ride of bike here.

P/S 1: so ngam I ride my bike to PG and a fren that I admire ask for my help for a ride. Due to unsafety of the ride can cause to other I turn her down.......
P/S2: Kind of like a bad start I broke the face shield of the helmet in less than 3 hour of my ride on bike already. The contact between the shield and the lid is broken.... bad start.... hopefully good ending.

No comments: