Monday, May 12, 2008

Maxed Time Wasting....

I must be on fire today since I posted 2 blog in 1 day.

Happened approximately 5 Hours ago where I started my normal work, checking mail, checking data, compile data, take coffee, take breakfast and gone to lab. As I sit on an empty tester (empty means no test running, no one log on to, no unit on the test head) send IM to my boss saying I want to use this tester and help to allocate the tester to me. Our tester in the lab is very hot and famous that we need our boss to collaborate and assign to their respective subordinates who needed. So I start loaded the testprogram through another software that I had modified the testprogram and inputs files needed which is the first time I modified the input files for my own use and which I had tested last week that it works. I intend to collect some data and shorten the test time so that the overall procedure is clear and easy enough for the technician to help me run the test. So it was on the loading process.

It tooks quite sometimes for the loading so I wonder around into my own world where I check out some comics, some BBS, some news, NBA playoff results (sad that Hornet lost for 20 points in Game 4) etc. The testprogram will load for like 2 Hours before we could start the testing. Right when the testprogram are done loading to the tester and the monitor shows that you may put your unit in and start testing, here comes the bad news..... "pop" lab lights blinks and a part of the lab was in dark. Tester monitor turn off and a deadly silent environment. Usually the lab is full of noice of fans blowing to keep the tester cool and others. Now is deadly silent. 2 seconds and the lab is back with light but the monitor still off and no more deadly silent but you can hear people cursing (one of them is me). Is power surge.

"Damn!!!, WTF, S***, no..... Arghhh!!!"

The conciato of curse and depression sounded in the lab plays by PDE of SDM_Penang. Lab technician checked and confirm is power surge. Need to wait for 15 to 20 minute according the handbook of such situation to prevent the second power surge that could potentially damage the tester if the tester is bring back to action now. Nothing can do but wait and after 15 minutes, tester was bring back online and no I still cant use it yet. Why? Because the technician need to perform a check on the tester to make sure they are in good condition. Ok no problem I can hang on to it. At this time, my boss give me a call and say I have to release the tester to other team as they have a higher priority works to do. There goes my whole day works.

So what I do? get out from tester, get out from lab, go for lunch and then nothing else.....
The only things now is I posted this blog to share my feeling here. It so time wasting till the MAX where the time taken hours to load the testprogram and finally I can start testing, I get kick off from a days work. Well is an experience of such, I wont be that piss if I was half way loading the testprogram. My feeling is just like I am putting a juicy drumstick in my mouth and just as I want to take a bite, some one just took the drumstick away. So sian.....

No comments: